At North Kesteven Academy we encourage high ambition in a supportive and stimulating environment. By celebrating individuals’ achievements, we enable everyone to be happy, responsible, respectful, creative and confident.
- Our mission is to instill a passion for lifelong learning and the courage to learn from mistakes.
- To develop Students who are ambassadors for the academy, positive role models in the community and who are high achievers progressing to the best universities and jobs.
- To have Staff for whom we are the employer of choice, providing a fulfilling place in which to work and an environment where their contribution is valued,and their professional development is encouraged.
- To have Parents/Carers who know that North Kesteven Academy cares about the education and the individual needs of their children, and for whom the academy is the first choice to entrust the education of their children, working in partnership with the academy, to ensure their child fulfils their potential.
- To contribute to a Community for whom we are a partner of choice to improve experiences and outcomes for our students.
NK CARES Values
At North Kesteven Academy, we expect all students to strive to follow the following core values:
Consider your responsibilities as a member of the North Kesteven Academy community and the wider community that surrounds us. Take opportunities to represent your House and the Academy via Student Voice, competitions and fund-raising events.
Aim to achieve your best in all aspects of academy life, taking calculated risks and seeing mistakes as opportunities to improve. Seek and act on advice regarding your next steps, including: choosing CGSE and A-Level courses, undertaking work experience, deciding on your future destinations.
Follow the rules in all aspects of academy life, ensuring that you are respectful of people and property; showing kindness and consideration and being polite in your dealings with all members of the academy and wider community.
Challenge yourself to work hard and allow those around you to do the same. Complete all work set, both in and outside of the classroom, aiming to impress your teachers, your peers and yourself with what you are capable of achieving. Apply the same ethos to your extra-curricular and community activities.
Keep yourself and those around you safe by avoiding risky behaviours. Listen and take on board advice regarding keeping yourself safe and report any concerns that you may have regarding someone else’s safety and well-being.