At North Kesteven Academy we encourage high ambition in a supportive and stimulating environment. By celebrating individuals’ achievements, we enable everyone to be happy, responsible, respectful, creative and confident.
- Our mission is to instil a passion for lifelong learning and the courage to learn from mistakes.
- To develop Students who are ambassadors for the academy, positive role models in the community and who achieve well progressing to the best universities and jobs.
To create a curriculum that:
- offers the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills.
- allows all learners to experience success.
- enables young people to experience a breadth of subjects to develop their curiosity and to spark their interests.
- allows students to achieve qualifications in subjects which are meaningful for their preferred destinations.
Principles on which the curriculum is built
- the opportunity to develop skills over 5 to 7 years.
- Learning time in school is maximised.
- Challenge and support are available in every area to maximise progress and success for all learners.
- Learning for Life opportunities with a focus on SMSC, PSHE and Careers Education, to raise aspiration, support next steps and the development of the whole person in society.
- to support transition into secondary education in Year 7.
- English and Maths are key components of our curriculum and develop skills that support all subject areas.
- A breadth of subjects is important to develop people and our curriculum offer encompasses humanities, languages, arts, performing arts, technology and sports to this end.