Summary of course content:
This course consists of six units taught over two years. Four of the units have an exam element while two are coursework. The units are as follows:
- Mathematics for Engineering (Examined)
- Science for Engineering (Examined)
- Principles of Mechanical Engineering (Examined)
- Principles of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Examined)
- Electrical and Electronic Design (NEA)
- Computer Aided Design (NEA)
Progression and Career routes:
This course could lead to a Higher Apprenticeship in the engineering sector or Higher Education. There will be an unprecedented demand for graduate engineers over the next ten to fifteen years.
How to access this course:
You will need a Grade 6 or above at GCSE in a Technology Subject, Mathematics and Science
You will also need to be studying Mathematics or Physics at A level.